Recently, the appearance of an AI artificial intelligence tool called ChatGPT (full name is Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer), a chatbot developed by the startup company OpenAI, has been very interesting in the technology world and many people have tried it. ChatGPT is built on GPT-3.5, a line of OpenAI’s large language model.
ChatGPT developed by OpenAI is said to have reached 100 million people per month after only 2 months of launching this artificial intelligence software. This makes it the fastest growing user app in history. According to Sensor Tower statistics, the short video-sharing platform TikTok needs 9 months after its global release to reach 100 million users, while Instagram takes up to 2.5 years, and the translation application Google Translate is 6.5 years.
In order to immediately catch up with technology trends, under the guidance and sharing of Mr. P.X.V, on February 7, VietIS organized a Workshop on the topic “ChatGPT – Opportunity or challenge“. Through the sharing session, he helped VietIS staff have a multi-dimensional view of ChatGPT and the opportunities as well as challenges that this tool can bring. Of course, this sharing is only a relative prediction of both present and future.
Mr. Vinh shared the following opportunities and challenges:
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- Create new products and services
- Bias and fairness: since the tool is using the Current State (a given type of input data), it may be biased if the data used to train them contains inaccurate elements.
- Job displacement: some existing jobs may disappear, replace, or be devalued.
- Privacy and security: some applications lose security and use images and information for non-personal purposes.
- Skills gap: the difference in qualifications, the skill gap among people in the future.
“The evolution of artificial intelligence always presents great opportunities and challenges, and we have to accept that. The important thing is who will see the opportunities in those challenges and know how to use it most effectively” – quoted Mr. P.X.V’s sharing.
Thank you Vinh for the very useful sharing, and let’s look forward to the content of the next VietIS Seminars!
Thanks and See yaaa~~